CALS IT provides desktop support services to CALS Administration and other units. The desktop support unit takes responsibility for the daily support of desktop computing environments including hardware, software and collaboration tools. The unit thrives on ensuring a satisfactory resolution by utilizing technical expertise, technology tools and a firm commitment to customer service. Once a support issue or request has been initiated, it will be evaluated and scheduled based upon staff resource availability and the urgency of the situation.
Support coverage: M-F, 7:45 AM-4:30 PM for both onsite and remote computing
- Technical issue and service request intake and resolution
- Full device lifecycle management from procurement to disposal
- Asset management for tracking, managing and reporting computing assets
- Management of Voice services including phone lines, voicemail and softphones
- Maintenance and security to endpoints provided through patching, endpoint management tools, and other processes that comply with industry standards and UW System policy
Resources & Getting Help
Report a technical issue or submit a service request to the CALS IT Ticketing System via two available options:
The CALS KnowledgeBase has links and articles that have been requested or have been found to be beneficial to CALS staff.